- Safeguarding Policy
- Safeguarding Policy COVID-19 addendum
- Safeguarding Policy Annex June 2019
- Prevent Strategy
- Coronavirus symptoms
- Admissions arrangement
- GDPR (Data Protection)
- Key School Policies
- New Starter Information
- Our Curriculum
- Parent's Code of Conduct
- PE, Sport & Sports Premium
- Pupil Premium
- Catch -Up Funding 2020-21
- School Performance and OFSTED Reports
- School Prospectus
- Term dates and school holidays
Year 2 - Arrangements for the Transition Visits
We are looking forward to welcoming your child to school next week for their transition visit and you will already have received an invitation to one of the following visit slots;
Monday 20th July – 9.15 – 12.00
Monday 20th July – 1.15 – 3.00 - we are now able to extend this session to 3.15pm
Tuesday 22nd July 9.15 – 12.00
We ask that you arrive on-site no more than a few minutes before the visit is due to start as we need to ensure that we manage the arrival and departure of the other children from school.
When you do arrive please go with your child through the black gates and onto the playground where you will see a space allocated for each of the classes. Please wait here with your child and apply social distancing (which remains at 2 metres in school) until you are met by your child's new class teacher.
Whilst we would love to welcome you to your child's new classroom you'll understand that this isn't possible at present so you will need to say goodbye in the playground as they go into the school. We know that for some children this may be a little difficult so if you can prepare them for this it would help. If your child is upset please trust us to settle them and it is our experience that the children quickly get absorbed into the activities that we have planned and any upset is quickly forgotten. There is a social story resource 'Visiting Riddings Junior School' below that might help prepare your child for the visit or click here for a downloadable version.
- On entering school your child will be helped to wash their hands before heading up to their classroom.
- They do not need to bring anything with them to school other than a water bottle if needed - they do not need to wear uniform.
- During the session there will be a chance for a break where the children can have an explore of our grounds including the Forest Playground - we will let them scramble on and up the trees (safely of course). They will also have a quick look around the building and meet some key staff.
- Mrs Godfrey - our Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator and myself will be about at drop off and at pick-up time to say hello and answer any questions you may have, or at least we will try to!
- Your child will be bringing home a letter that outlines our plans for how school will be organised in September.
- At pick-up time please wait in the school car park and we will bring the children out to you after hand-washing. Again please try to arrive no more than a few minutes before the end of your child's session to avoid congestion. Please bear with us as the hand-washing may take longer than we anticipate!
I look forward to meeting you all next week
Mr D. Cates