- Home Learning May 2021
- Year 2 Transition Day
- Year 2 - Looking Ahead 2021-22
- Year 3
- Year 4
- Year 5
- Year 6
- World Book Day Digital Library
- Online Safety in Lockdown
- February Half Term Optional Home Learning
- Year 3 Previous weeks' Learning at Home
- Year 3 - w/b 5th January
- Year 3 - w/b 11th January
- Year 3 - w/b 18th January
- Year 3 - w/b 25th January
- Year 3 - w/b Mon 1st February
- Year 3 - w/b 8th February
- Year 3 - w/b 22nd Feb
- Year 3 - w/b 1st March
- Year 4 Previous weeks' Learning at Home
- Year 4 W/b Tues Jan 5th 2021
- Year 4 w/b Monday Jan 11 2021
- Year 4 w/b Monday Jan 18 2021
- Year 4 w/b Monday Jan 25 2021
- Year 4 w/b Mon Feb 1 2021
- Year 4 w/b Mon 8th Feb 2021
- Year 4 W/b Mon 22nd Feb 2021
- Year 5 Previous weeks' Learning at Home
- Year 5 - W/B 5th January
- Year 5 - W/B 11th January
- Year 5 - W/B 18th January
- Year 5 - W/B 25th January
- Year 5 - W/B 1st March
- Year 5 - W/B Mon 1st February
- Year 5 - W/B 8th February
- Year 5 - W/B 22nd February
- Year 6 Previous weeks' Learning at Home
- Year 6 W/b Tues 5th Jan
- Year 6 W/b Mon 11th Jan 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 18th Jan 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 25th Jan 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 1st Feb 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 8th Feb 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 1st March 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 22nd Feb 2021
- PE at Home
- Whole School Story
- Holocaust Memorial Day - Assembly
- Nov - Dec Home Learning Lessons
- Year 3- 25th - 27th November
- Year 3 W/b Mon 30th Nov
- Year 3 - W/b Mon 7th December
- Year 3 - W/b Mon 14th December
- Year 4 W/b 23rd November
- Year 4 W/b Mon 30th Nov
- Year 4 W/b Mon 7th Dec
- Year 4 W/b Mon 14th Dec
- Year 5 - 25th - 27th November
- Year 5 - W/B 30th November
- Year 5 - W/B 7th December
- Year 5 - W/B 14th December
- Year 6 - 25th-27th November
- Year 6 Thursday 26th Nov 20
- Year 6 Friday 27th Nov 20
- Year 6 W/b Mon 30th Nov
- Year 6 W/b 7th December
- Year 3 Drumming
- Learning in Lockdown - lessons & resources for all Year Group
Townsend CLASS AND Clarke CLASS
Miss Saville (Townsend), Miss Graham (Clarke)
TAs - Mrs Patrick, Mrs Hunt, Miss Smith
Unfortunately, due to confirmed Covid-19 cases, Year 6 are currently learning at home. Please see below for their daily learning. As we know families have different routines, time constraints, job expectations, not to mention demands on devices, so we are not setting a strict timetable: we are happy for your child to complete the learning at times that suit you and them.
If you have any problems accessing any of the learning or would prefer paper-based resources, please contact school and we will sort them for you.
*Due to high demand, some of Oak National Academy resources may be unavailable at certain times. If you have difficulties, please complete a different piece of home learning - perhaps from another day and try again later. Thank you.*
Monday 30th November 2020
English: The Giant's Necklace Lesson 4 - To analyse a setting.
It was great to hear that so many of you were enjoying 'The Giant's Necklace' so much that you've added it to your Christmas lists!
Mental Calculations Worksheet - Using known facts
Ancient Greece: Lesson 4 - What was Athenian Democracy?
Tuesday 1st December 2020
English: The Giant's Necklace Lesson 5 - To read, comprehend and respond to a climax.
Our next unit in Maths should be finding out all about fantastic fractions. Miss Graham and Miss Saville are looking forward to teaching you the Y6 knowledge themselves so we would like you to revise your fractions knowledge from previous years first.
If you don't have any paper handy for the folding task, carefully take the middle pages out of your Orange morning book and use those.
Maths - Lesson 1 - What is a fraction?
History: Ancient Greece Lesson 5 - What did the Greeks believe?
You're going to love finding out about the Greek Gods who we will meet again in our class reader when we're back at school.
Wednesday 2nd December 2020
We hope you all enjoyed 'The Giant's Necklace'. Now for something a little different ...
English Writing - Sherlock Holmes Lesson 1 - To build knowledge of the historical context of the narrative.
Lesson 2 - Representing fractions
History - Ancient Greece Lesson 6 - Who were the Ancient Greek philosophers?
Thursday 3rd December 2020
English Writing Sherlock Holmes Lesson 2 - To investigate homophones.
Maths Lesson 3 - Equivalent fractions
History Ancient Greece Lesson 7 - Who won the Peloponneisan wars?
Here you'll find out more about the Athenians but also about the Spartans too.
Friday 4th December 2020
English Writing Sherlock Holmes Lesson 3 - To explore simple and compound sentences.
Remember compound sentences are the ones that use those FANBOYS co-ordinating conjunctions.
Maths Lesson 4 - Tenths and hundredths
History Ancient Greece Lesson 8 - Why was Alexander so great?
Reading of ZPD books and books of choice. Please complete a blue sheet activity also after finishing a book.
Spelling Frame - complete a quiz and play the games for between 10-30 minutes.
Plus Top Marks Speed Challenge - How fast can you get?
Some of you will have access to Lexia - please click here to open the instruction sheet for accessing Lexia for the first time - once this has been done then you will only need to follow the link or use the app on an ipad or iphone.
Below you can find full details of the curriculum in year 6. Click on the link to find.