- Home Learning May 2021
- Year 2 Transition Day
- Year 2 - Looking Ahead 2021-22
- Year 3
- Year 4
- Year 5
- Year 6
- World Book Day Digital Library
- Online Safety in Lockdown
- February Half Term Optional Home Learning
- Year 3 Previous weeks' Learning at Home
- Year 3 - w/b 5th January
- Year 3 - w/b 11th January
- Year 3 - w/b 18th January
- Year 3 - w/b 25th January
- Year 3 - w/b Mon 1st February
- Year 3 - w/b 8th February
- Year 3 - w/b 22nd Feb
- Year 3 - w/b 1st March
- Year 4 Previous weeks' Learning at Home
- Year 4 W/b Tues Jan 5th 2021
- Year 4 w/b Monday Jan 11 2021
- Year 4 w/b Monday Jan 18 2021
- Year 4 w/b Monday Jan 25 2021
- Year 4 w/b Mon Feb 1 2021
- Year 4 w/b Mon 8th Feb 2021
- Year 4 W/b Mon 22nd Feb 2021
- Year 5 Previous weeks' Learning at Home
- Year 5 - W/B 5th January
- Year 5 - W/B 11th January
- Year 5 - W/B 18th January
- Year 5 - W/B 25th January
- Year 5 - W/B 1st March
- Year 5 - W/B Mon 1st February
- Year 5 - W/B 8th February
- Year 5 - W/B 22nd February
- Year 6 Previous weeks' Learning at Home
- Year 6 W/b Tues 5th Jan
- Year 6 W/b Mon 11th Jan 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 18th Jan 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 25th Jan 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 1st Feb 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 8th Feb 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 1st March 2021
- Year 6 W/b Mon 22nd Feb 2021
- PE at Home
- Whole School Story
- Holocaust Memorial Day - Assembly
- Nov - Dec Home Learning Lessons
- Year 3- 25th - 27th November
- Year 3 W/b Mon 30th Nov
- Year 3 - W/b Mon 7th December
- Year 3 - W/b Mon 14th December
- Year 4 W/b 23rd November
- Year 4 W/b Mon 30th Nov
- Year 4 W/b Mon 7th Dec
- Year 4 W/b Mon 14th Dec
- Year 5 - 25th - 27th November
- Year 5 - W/B 30th November
- Year 5 - W/B 7th December
- Year 5 - W/B 14th December
- Year 6 - 25th-27th November
- Year 6 Thursday 26th Nov 20
- Year 6 Friday 27th Nov 20
- Year 6 W/b Mon 30th Nov
- Year 6 W/b 7th December
- Year 3 Drumming
- Learning in Lockdown - lessons & resources for all Year Group
Welcome to Year 3!
Shrewsbury Class - Miss Jarrett
Eaton Class - Miss Punter
Hilton Class - Miss Jones
Teaching Assistants - Miss Dakin, Mrs Walker, Miss Smith, Miss Vardy, Mrs Pedley and Miss Robinson
Arrangements for the start of the new school year 2021-22
- 8.40am onwards - once Year 4 have moved to their classroom all Year 3 children can begin to come onto site through the main school gates.
- They should wait in the area by the car park.
- 8.50am class teachers will meet the children and take them via the lower playground to wash hands and then to classrooms.
- 9.00am Register will be taken and learning starting immediately upon entering the classroom.
- 3.30pm Year 3 will finish school leaving by the same route as they entered after handwashing Parents are welcome to come onto the site to meet their child after Year 4 have left the site (from around 3.25pm) to avoid congestion.
We want to thank children and parents for an easy transition to Riddings Junior School. We have been amazed by how well the children have settled in and how much PRIDE has been shown already - keep it up!
We have lots to look forward to this term so please regularly check the school website for any updates.
The Stone Age, Bronze Age and Iron Age
This term, we will be delving into prehistory and learning all about the Stone, Bronze and Iron Age. We will become archaeologists to uncover facts about the past and become hunter gatherers in the forest to understand what life was like back then.
Alongside other class texts, we will be exploring 'The Stone Age Boy' by Satoshi Kitamura to help us to write our own prehistoric adventure!
Our Maths topic this term is Place Value, where we will be focusing on the value of digits within three digit numbers and different ways of representing numbers.
See below a list of vocabulary that your child will be exposed to:
digit, partition, sequence, greater than, less than, value, ascending & descending
Our book study this term is 'The Hodgeheg'. We will be following the brave journey of a determined hedgehog named Max, who wants to achieve his goal of crossing the busy road despite horror stories of the dangers he might face.
At Riddings Junior School, to become 'good readers', we use 8 Inferential Reading Strategies (IRS) to explore new texts. Please see below our school's 8 IRS and feel free to use them when listening to your child read at home!
All classes will be partaking in Drumming this year, starting with Hilton and Shrewsbury class in the Autumn Term.
Kit to remember:
In Year 3, we have already started to develop our core math skills by using Numbots and TT Rock Stars. Please access these apps daily for short bursts of learning as these skills are fundamental.
This week, your child has completed an Accelerated Reader quiz to determine their ZPD level (book level). Please be patient whilst we analyse scores and allocate your child an appropriate book. Once your child has received their book, please support them in reading daily. Once they have completed their book and feel confident in their understanding, they will complete a quiz at school before swapping their book.
Learning From Home
Please access TTRS and Numbots daily to keep your Maths skills sharp and complete a daily lesson in History, Maths and Reading by clicking on the links.
Monday 20th September
Listen to the video 'How do we know about prehistoric Britain?' on Oak Academy.
Listen to 'To explore word classes' and complete any activities on paper or a whiteboard.
Tuesday 21st September
Listen to the video 'Which animals lived in prehistoric Britain?' on Oak Academy.
Listen to 'To explore simple sentences' and complete any activities on paper or a whiteboard.
Wednesday 22nd September
Listen to the video 'What were the different periods in the Stone Age?' on Oak Academy.
Listen to 'To explore expanded noun phrases' and complete any activities on paper or a whiteboard.
Thursday 23rd September
Listen to the video 'What are the similarities and differences between Stone Age periods?' on Oak Academy.
Can you create a poster to explain and illustrate the differences between the different periods?
Listen to 'To explore prepositions' and complete any activities on paper or a whiteboard.
Friday 24th September
Listen to the video 'What can artefacts from the Stone Age tell us about how people lived during the different periods' on Oak Academy.
Can you draw some artefacts? Think back to our lesson where we were archaeologists!
Listen to 'To explore conjunctions' and complete any activities on paper or a whiteboard.
Please follow us on Twitter! We would love to see what you are doing at home!
Eaton - @eaton_rjs
Hilton - @HiltonRjs
Shrewsbury - @ShrewsburyRJS