- Special Educational Needs
- Interventions & Support - a Brief Guide
- Meet our Inclusion Team
- Support for children with additional needs
- Online learning links for children with Additional Needs
- SEN Policy
- Where can I get more support from?
- Yr 3 Learning at Home for children with Additional Needs
- Yr 4 Learning at Home for children with Additional Needs
- Yr 5 Learning at Home for children with Additional Needs
- Yr 6 Learning at Home for children with Additional Needs
- SEN Information Report
- Visual Timetable
Special Educational Needs
The Schools Special Education Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo) is Mrs Nicky Godfrey who can be contacted through your child's class teacher, the school office on 01773 528492 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any concerns about the progress your child is making or emotional needs.
Riddings Junior School aims to be fully inclusive and responsive to the needs of all children who attend our school.
Riddings Junior School aims to ensure that children with special educational needs engage in the activities of school alongside those pupils who do not. High quality teaching is essential for children to make at least expected progress, however, some children may need additional or different provision for all or some of their time at Riddings Junior School in order to achieve their learning potential.
We will ensure early identification and appropriate intervention for pupils with additional needs. This may involve the use of specialist resources, a specific or focused teaching approach, specialist equipment or high quality one-to-one and small group support using structured interventions.
The support provided for one of our children has been captured on video by the Hearing Impaired Support Service and has been included as a good example of provision on Derbyshire County Council's Local Offer information - please click on this link to view Evelyn's view of school